One of the secrets to fundraising success is to have a specific goal and a corresponding deadline. With that, Give to the Max Day: Greater Washington is ripe and ready for fundraising stardom with a goal of raising $3 million dollars all within 24 hours on November 9th to support local nonprofit programs.
Sounds like a lot right? Well, it’s actually very doable. Here are a few reasons why (besides of course the aforementioned specific goal and deadline):
- The 24 hour fundraising blitz is part of a larger, high visibility event – Digital Capital Week.
- The fundraiser doesn’t just benefit a single cause. Funds will be distributed among nonprofits serving the DC, Maryland, Virginia areas.
- An alliance of leading local nonprofits are supporting the event, including United Way of the National Capital Area, The Community Foundation for the National Capital Region, and Nonprofit Roundtable of Greater Washington.
- Give2Max.org is providing nonprofit toolkits and training sessions to empower nonprofits to conduct successful online fundraising drives.
- There’s a competitive angle! Donors are asked to display their generosity in the region-wide competition, and our numbers will be compared to similar fundraising drives in other regions.
They are relying on a group of “activators” (yours truly included!) to help get the word out. So what do you say?? Will you join me in the Give2Max movement?