Beekeeper Group needs another Account Manager for our growing Hive! We are looking for people who love a challenge and are not afraid of tackling multiple projects for a variety of clients simultaneously. Experience working for an advocacy organization, public affairs agency, political consulting firm, or campaign is a major plus – but not a deal breaker.
Our ideal candidate can write anything from reports to tweets, possesses a great deal of social media savvy, can quickly learn about complex policy issues and technology. Candidates should have two or more years experience working at an agency, association, non-profit experience, as well as four to five years of social media (or related) experience. If you aren’t afraid of diving in and getting it done, we want to hear from you!
WHAT IS BEEKEEPER GROUP?
No, we don’t actually work with literal bees…but you should see some of the emails we get looking for help with backyard swarms! We are a public affairs firm that embraces a fresh, community-based approach to cultivate and grow our client’s hive of supporters. Our model combines trusted advocacy methods and tools with emerging media platforms to deliver upon our clients’ communications, advocacy, and public outreach goals. We are very good at what we do, and have won a whole bunch of trophies to prove it! We were even honored as the 2014 Boutique Firm of the Year by PRWeek Magazine.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
While the job duties are flexible based on immediate client needs, the basic responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Managing direct client relationships
- Overseeing day-to-day activities on client accounts
- Interfacing with both internal and external teams
- Working closely with account team to ensure overall satisfaction of assigned clients
- Coordinating multiple aspects of client campaigns, as well as digital projects including website designs and development
- Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content
- Designing reporting formats that showcase firm efforts and meet client needs
- Writing memos, analysis, and case studies
- Writing in a succinct and skilled manner; also proofing junior team members’ work product
- Identifying and building relationships with community stakeholders
- Developing actionable strategies for blogs and social media
- Overseeing operational performance of accounts, ensuring quality work, deadline and budget adherence
- Playing major role in creation of communications plans and goals; manage against them
- Video production and editing
- Photo/image editing and design
Candidates must be self-starters with a passion for advocacy and drive to run winning campaigns. The successful candidate will be able to work well independently or as part of a team. Must be comfortable working in a creative, yet casual, fast-paced environment.
Please submit your application materials, including three (3) writing samples and contact information for at least two references, to www.beekeepergroup.com/careers. All applicants must be in the Washington DC Metropolitan area or willing to relocate.