Beekeeper Group needs an Account Director with direct experience in communications and social media in the policy/advocacy context for our growing Hive! We are looking for people who love a challenge and are not afraid of tackling multiple projects for a variety of clients simultaneously. Experience working for an advocacy organization, public affairs agency, political consulting firm, or campaign is a major plus – but not a deal-breaker.
Our ideal candidate can write anything from reports to tweets, possesses a great deal of social media savvy, and can quickly learn about complex policy issues and technology. If you aren’t afraid of diving in and getting it done, we want to hear from you!
What is Beekeeper Group?
No, we don’t actually work with literal bees…but you should see some of the emails we get looking for help with backyard swarms! We are a public affairs firm (think PR, but for causes) that embraces a fresh, community-based approach to cultivate and grow our client’s hive of supporters. Our model combines trusted advocacy methods and tools with emerging media platforms to deliver upon our clients’ communications, advocacy, and public outreach goals. We are very good at what we do, and have won a whole bunch of trophies to prove it! We were even honored as the 2014 Boutique Firm of the Year by PRWeek Magazine.
Essential to our success is the diversity that team members bring to our company culture and client engagements. Beekeeper is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a multicultural workforce where differences are valued, respected, and encouraged.
What will you be doing?
- Devising and overseeing creative digital campaigns that draw attention and inspire engagement on a wide range of policy issues
- Preparing social content that stands out in today’s competitive social landscape
- Interpreting social media metrics for clients and preparing social strategies accordingly
- Managing direct client relationships
- Overseeing day-to-day activities on client accounts
- Interfacing with both internal and external teams
- Actively manage, develop, inspire, and motivate staff to excel
- Anticipate potential challenges and evaluate strategies with senior leadership
- Provide expert communications and/or advocacy counsel to clients in line with their respective business priorities
- Overseeing the operational performance of accounts, ensuring quality work, deadline, and budget adherence
- Effectively lead account teams on complex communications challenges and in the creation of communications plans and goals; manage against them
- Recognize and apply impactful communications trends, and translating those insights into actionable ideas
- Working closely with account team to ensure high quality and timely delivery of internal and external work to the overall satisfaction of assigned clients and supervisors
- Coordinating multiple aspects of client campaigns, as well as digital projects including website designs and development
- Identify emerging opportunities to add greater value for clients
- Formulating reporting formats that showcase firm efforts and meet client needs
- Writing memos, analyses, and case studies
- Writing in a succinct and skilled manner; also proofing junior team members’ work product
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice
- 6+ years full-time experience
- Experience managing multiple social media accounts simultaneously
- In tune with both social media trends and digital advocacy tactics
- Knowledge of social media scheduling software and reporting tools
- Comfortable working on tight deadlines and in a team environment
- Experience with paid social advertising
- Superior strategic thinking, writing, and presentation skills required
- Experience managing budgets and teams