Beekeeper Group needs another Account Manager for our growing Hive! We are looking for people who love a challenge and are not afraid of tackling multiple projects for a variety of clients simultaneously. Experience working for an advocacy organization, public affairs agency, political consulting firm, or campaign is a major plus – but not a deal breaker.
Our ideal candidate can write anything from reports to tweets, possesses a great deal of social media savvy, can quickly learn about complex policy issues and technology. If you aren’t afraid of diving in and getting it done, we want to hear from you!
What is Beekeeper Group?
No, we don’t actually work with literal bees…but you should see some of the emails we get looking for help with backyard swarms! We are a public affairs firm (think PR, but for causes) that embraces a fresh, community-based approach to cultivate and grow our client’s hive of supporters. Our model combines trusted advocacy methods and tools with emerging media platforms to deliver upon our clients’ communications, advocacy, and public outreach goals. We are very good at what we do, and have won a whole bunch of trophies to prove it! We were even honored as the 2014 Boutique Firm of the Year by PRWeek Magazine.
Essential to our success is the diversity that team members bring to our company culture and client engagements. Beekeeper is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a multicultural workforce where differences are valued, respected, and encouraged.
What will you be doing?
- Managing direct client relationships
- Overseeing day-to-day activities on client accounts
- Interfacing with both internal and external teams
- Overseeing operational performance of accounts, ensuring quality work, deadline and budget adherence
- Playing major role in creation of communications plans and goals; manage against them
- Working closely with account team to ensure overall satisfaction of assigned clients
- Coordinating multiple aspects of integrated campaigns for advocacy clients
- Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content
- Designing reporting formats that showcase firm efforts and meet client needs
- Writing memos, analysis, and case studies
- Writing in a succinct and skilled manner; also proofing junior team members’ work product
- Identifying and building relationships with community stakeholders
- Developing actionable strategies for blogs and social media
- Writing for social media audiences
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice
- 3+ years fulltime experience
- Ability to multi-task with shifting priorities based on client needs
- Comfortable working on tight deadlines and in a team environment
- Experience managing budgets and teams
- A strong desire to stay abreast of the trends in communications, public affairs, and digital technologies
- Video production and editing
- Photo/image editing and design