Beekeeper Group is seeking a Communications Associate to join our growing Hive! We are looking for someone who loves a challenge and is not afraid of tackling multiple projects for a variety of clients simultaneously. Experience working at a trade association or at a public relations firm is a must!
This role would report directly to our Senior Vice President/ Head of Public Relations. Our ideal candidate can write anything from reports to tweets, possesses a great deal of social media savvy, can quickly learn about nuanced client issues. If you aren’t afraid of diving in and getting it done, we want to hear from you!
What is Beekeeper Group?
No, we don’t actually work with literal bees…but you should see some of the emails we get looking for help with backyard swarms! We are a public affairs firm (think PR, but for causes) that embraces a fresh, community-based approach to cultivate and grow our client’s hive of supporters. Our model combines trusted advocacy methods and tools with emerging media platforms to deliver upon our clients’ communications, advocacy, and public outreach goals. We are very good at what we do, and have won a whole bunch of trophies to prove it! We were even honored as the 2014 Boutique Firm of the Year by PRWeek Magazine.
What will you be doing?
- Managing direct client relationships
- Overseeing day-to-day activities on client accounts
- Coordinating digital and print projects with our in-house design team and external print vendors
- Designing reporting formats that showcase firm efforts and meet client needs
- Writing memos, analysis, and case studies
- Identifying and building relationships with clients’ stakeholders
- Developing actionable strategies for blogs and social media
- Writing for social media audiences
- 2 – 4 years fulltime communications experience
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Ability to multi-task with shifting priorities based on client needs
- Comfortable working on tight deadlines and in a team environment
- Pride in attention to detail, meticulous note-taking, and creative problem-solving
- A strong desire to stay abreast of the trends in communications and digital technologies
- Event planning experience is a plus!