Beekeeper Group is looking for a Designer to join our small but mighty creative team at the Hive. You’ll work closely with the Creative Director and Project Managers to create websites, digital campaigns, infographics, print materials, and campaign branding for a variety of advocacy clients.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable diving into (and juggling) different types of design projects in a fast-paced environment. You should have a design portfolio that demonstrates a range of projects, and preferably, how you go about tackling design challenges.
What is Beekeeper Group?
No, we don’t actually work with literal bees…but you should see some of the emails we get looking for help with backyard swarms! We are a public affairs firm (think PR, but for causes) that embraces a fresh, community-based approach to cultivate and grow our client’s hive of supporters. Our model combines trusted advocacy methods and tools with emerging media platforms to deliver upon our clients’ communications, advocacy, and public outreach goals. We are very good at what we do, and have won a whole bunch of trophies to prove it! We were even honored as the 2014 Boutique Firm of the Year by PRWeek Magazine.
What will you be doing?
- Using design thinking (and skill set!) to produce work across all types of projects – awareness campaigns, identity design, and responsive websites
- Providing design support through collaboration with design leads and strategists in the development of campaigns and projects; defending design rationale to team members; iterating based on full team feedback and testing
- Building creative projects from start to finish with the help of account team and within client brand constraints (think infographics, small websites, and print collateral)
- Helping advance the creative growth of the design team through regular critiques
- Growing skills in concepting, communication, and digital to become a well-rounded visual designer
- Staying current on digital media best practices and technologies as well as visual design trends
- 1+ years of experience
- BFA or BA in Graphic Design or relevant degree
- Strong in type, layout, and color theory
- Ability to (roughly) convey ideas to the greater team (think sketching, storyboarding, mood boards)
- Background in logo creation and illustration
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are a must)
- Knowledgeable about the website design process, particularly UX and information architecture
- Familiarity with Sketch and InVision (preferred but not required)
- Experience with HTML/CSS (preferred but not required)
- Any other cool design skills (like animation, photography) (preferred but not required)