Beekeeper Group is looking for a Technology Liaison to work with internal project owners, developers, and clients to ensure the ongoing success of our digital products. These include a large number of WordPress websites, some Drupal websites, mobile apps, and ongoing digital campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable diving into (and juggling) different types of technical projects in a fast-paced environment. If you aren’t afraid of diving in and getting it done, we want to hear from you!
What is Beekeeper Group?
No, we don’t actually work with literal bees… but you should see some of the emails we get looking for help with backyard swarms! We are a public affairs firm (think PR, but for causes) that embraces a fresh, community-based approach to cultivate and grow our client’s hive of supporters. Our model combines trusted advocacy methods and tools with emerging media platforms to deliver upon our clients’ communications, advocacy, and public outreach goals.
What will you be doing?
Communication skills, innovative problem-solving and ownership are all essentials at Beekeeper Group, especially in this role. You do not need to be a developer, but you will work with both project stakeholders and developers, ensuring clear, concise, and accurate communication between all parties. This requires the ability to document information and ask smart questions.
We’re looking for candidates who have spent around a year working with an organization’s WordPress-based website and in that time become the go-to problem solver. Your internal stakeholders know they can come to you to determine how to use the available tools to best communicate with their audiences. You’ve become known as the person who can “figure it out” when it comes to leveraging available digital channels.
You’re a natural project manager. You understand that even small efforts require multiple steps, and you take the lead in organizing those steps in a way that efficiently executes a project or solves a problem.
Finally, you’re looking to expand these skill sets. You are excited to work in a high-growth, fast-paced environment that demands thoughtful prioritization. You’re hankering for an opportunity that offers a growing amount of independence by working with a wide variety of clients, issues, and requirements. You’re looking forward to taking ownership of projects and initiatives, advocating for required resources and finding creative ways to implement new processes.
- Act as a liaison between the client, project management, and internal development teams to relay new feature requests, feedback, issues, and other pertinent details.
- Provide friendly and helpful customer service as the first point of contact for both internal and external clients, assisting with troubleshooting of website and digital issues.
- Intelligently investigate technical issues to collect complete information and uncover the underlying issues, providing helpful consultation along the way.
- Clearly organize and describe issues in a way that allows the internal development team to quickly implement accurate and complete solutions.
- Compile and commit to internal and external deadlines, proactively communicating turnaround times to project managers and clients.
- Manage standardized development processes, such as requirement collection, cross-browser and device quality assurance, and other key aspects of the development lifecycle.
- Update and maintain accurate records of new, pending, and completed requests using our helpdesk and project management systems.
- Actively engage in knowledge sharing and collaboration, by creating and improving knowledge base articles and participating in client training and internal workshops.
- Prep meeting materials, agendas, memos, presentations, and other documents for trainings, check-ins, and other client engagements.
- Maintain administrative files that pertain to the technology team, including workload forecasting, project budgets, and team availability and capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training, and work-related experience.
- At least one year of experience with the WordPress content management system required, but 2-3 is a plus.
- At least one year of experience managing small to medium-complexity projects in a communications environment with multi-function teams.
- Some experience with Drupal, Joomla, Kinsta, Squarespace, etc. is highly desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, project management software, and document management platforms.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including the ability to build relationships and effectively communicate with all key stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and achieve goals and meet aggressive timelines.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on existing web development initiatives and content publishing workflows.
- Ability to develop, interpret, and manage accountability to project requirements.
- Bonus points for experience with creating and deploying builds, working with MySQL databases, and writing CSS/PHP!
- A strong desire to stay abreast of the trends in digital technologies.