Are you looking to use your digital project management skills on a wide array of advocacy and public affairs campaigns? Do you want to work at an innovative and award-winning agency with clients that are seeking legislative and regulatory changes? If so, then Beekeeper Group may be the place for you!
We’re looking for a Web Project Manager to join our growing Hive. Our ideal candidate loves a challenge and is not afraid of juggling multiple projects for a variety of clients simultaneously. Ideally, you will have prior experience working on digital projects in an agency or campaign environment – but it’s not a deal-breaker.
Our ideal candidate has experience with using and customizing WordPress, an understanding of WordPress best practices and knowledge of the platform’s ecosystem, as well as some experience with other CMS systems such as Drupal. Also, knowledge of the web development and troubleshooting process, communication skills to work across teams, and experience engaging directly with clients–as well as the project management skills to manage all the details.
What Is Beekeeper Group?
No, we don’t actually work with literal bees…but you should see some of the emails we get looking for help with backyard swarms! We are a public affairs firm (think PR, but for causes) that embraces a community-based approach to cultivate and grow our client’s hive of supporters. Our model combines trusted advocacy methods and tools with emerging media platforms to deliver upon our clients’ communications, advocacy, and public outreach goals. We are very good at what we do, and have won a whole bunch of trophies to prove it!
Essential to our success is the diversity that team members bring to our company culture and client engagements. Beekeeper is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a multicultural workforce where differences are valued, respected, and encouraged.
What Will You Be Doing?
In this role, you will work with the technology team to plan, deliver and execute website builds and resolve technical issues. You will communicate between the web team, developers, the design team, subject matter experts on the client team and client contacts to deliver on-time and on-budget website projects that demonstrate value to our clients. You will:
- Collaborate with the project team, client, and other stakeholders to build scopes, timelines, and budgets for website projects.
- Execute and manage the website audit, content planning, and migration process.
- Manage the execution of those website build plans, trafficking the required tasks amongst design, development, and client teams.
- Intake new requests, interrogate them for the information needed for a developer to resolve, assign them, and manage to completion.
- Independently lead the resolution of website issues and enhancement requests, working with developers and clients to efficiently traffic and explain what is happening.
- Regularly report on budget, timeline, and deliverable status, while proactively escalating risks and foreseeable challenges.
- Plan, delegate, and traffic feedback during the quality assurance process.
- Deep understanding of WordPress, as well as how to extend and customize the CMS
- Understanding of hosting, DNS, and domain registration processes
- Basic understanding of user experience and site flow
- Understanding of technical SEO and Google Analytics
- Ability to multi-task with shifting priorities based on client needs
- Comfortable working on tight deadlines and in a team environment
- A strong desire to stay abreast of the trends in communications, public affairs, and digital technologies
- 2+ years full-time experience