Beekeeper Group is seeking a WordPress developer to join our growing hive. Beekeeper Group is a communications, advocacy, and stakeholder strategy firm that serves associations, corporations, membership organizations, and nonprofits that are looking for a fresh approach to grassroots mobilization and issue advocacy campaigns.
What is Beekeeper Group?
No, we don’t actually work with literal bees…but you should see some of the emails we get looking for help with backyard swarms! We are a public affairs firm (think PR, but for causes) that embraces a fresh, community-based approach to cultivate and grow our client’s hive of supporters. Our model combines trusted advocacy methods and tools with emerging media platforms to deliver upon our clients’ communications, advocacy, and public outreach goals. We are very good at what we do, and have won a whole bunch of trophies to prove it! We were even honored as the 2014 Boutique Firm of the Year by PRWeek Magazine.
What will you be doing?
- Develops, supports, and maintains client WordPress websites in a Linux environment.
- Works closely with the client management teams to ensure functionality needs are handled effectively through native WordPress functionality or customization via available plug-ins.
- Hand-codes clean, semantic, standards-compliant and responsive HTML and CSS3 themes.
- Maintains strict version controls and can work with Git-based repositories.
- Evaluates design during the design and user experience phase.
- Conducts cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure consistent display.
- Looks for ways to improve overall user experience and performance of websites.
- Ability to commit to deadlines and communicate to project manager and invested parties about updates if those deadlines cannot be met.
- 2+ years of experience with WordPress including custom theme development and front-end development and configuration
- Understanding of relational databases such as MySQL
- HTML5 and CSS3 (Bootstrap) skills
- Experience with PHP development
- Ability to multi-task with shifting priorities based on client needs
- Comfortable working on tight deadlines and in a team environment
- A strong desire to stay abreast of the newest web technologies and frameworks
- Responsive site development experience (preferred but not required)
- Experience working with REST APIs (preferred but not required)
- A solid understanding of SEO principles and creating search engine friendly web pages (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge/use of website accessibility standards (preferred but not required)