Are you up-to-date on social media trends, emerging technologies, and all things digital advocacy?
Beekeeper Group needs another Account Assistant, Digital Advocacy for our growing Hive! We are looking for people who love a challenge and are not afraid of tackling multiple projects for a variety of clients. Experience working for an advocacy organization, public affairs agency, political consulting firm, or campaign is a major plus – but not a deal breaker.
Our ideal candidate can write anything from reports to tweets, possesses a great deal of social media savvy, and is eager to learn about complex policy issues and emerging trends. This individual will also receive career development, mentorship, and growth opportunities from our team and industry partners. If that sounds like you, you could be the next #NewBee!
What is Beekeeper Group?
No, we don’t actually work with literal bees…but you should see some of the emails we get looking for help with backyard swarms! We are a public affairs firm (think PR, but for causes) that embraces a fresh, community-based approach to cultivate and grow our client’s hive of supporters. Our model combines trusted advocacy methods and tools with emerging media platforms to deliver upon our clients’ communications, advocacy, and public outreach goals.
We are very good at what we do, and have won a whole bunch of trophies to prove it! We were even honored as the 2014 Boutique Firm of the Year by PRWeek Magazine.
Essential to our success is the diversity that team members bring to our company culture and
client engagements. Beekeeper is an equal-opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a multicultural workforce where differences are valued, respected, and encouraged.
What will you be doing?
- Identifying and writing for different social media audiences, platforms, and objectives
- Draft and manage content calendars for blogs, social, email, and memos
- Content creation
- Drafting and executing campaign plans (both organic and paid media)
- Reporting on client campaign success
- Participating in advocacy and communications campaign strategy brainstorming, planning, and execution
- Supporting design and technology services projects
- Offering assistance and support to the Beekeeper Group team and clients as required
- Much more!
This role is great for recent graduates or people starting out in their careers. Here’s a look at what you can expect:
- The compensation for this role starts at $3,333.33 per month (40 hours per week) with the possibility of an increase at 3-months and 6-months.
- Health insurance (including medical, dental, and vision), of which Beekeeper Group pays 70% of the reference plan premium.
- Short and Long-term disability, basic life insurance, and ad&d coverage of which Beekeeper Group pays 100% of the premium.
- 401(k) retirement plan which Beekeeper Group matches 100% on the dollar through 5%.
- Health, Transportation, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs).
- Yearly vacation of 10 days and 5 days of sick leave (including 2 personal days) at full pay, accrued on a monthly basis. Personal leave accrues at a greater rate after three years at the company.
- 13 paid holidays per calendar year, with a 2-hour early release on the day prior.
- Flexible parental leave policy
- New business incentive structure (details available upon request).
- Internal training in addition to $500 off-site education and membership budget
- Bring Your Own Device mobile phone program with $50 per month reimbursement.