Beekeeper Group is always on the lookout for the best and the brightest to join our growing, award-winning hive. We have received Webby Awards, Telly Awards, Communicator Awards, and several Sabre nominations among other industry distinctions. Our highest achievement to date was being honored as PR Week’s 2014 Boutique Agency of the Year, which is known as the “Oscars” of the communications industry.
Essential to our success is the diversity that team members bring to our company culture and client engagements. Beekeeper is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a multicultural workforce where differences are valued, respected, and encouraged.
Our work combines trusted advocacy methods and tools with emerging media platforms to deliver upon our clients’ communications, advocacy, and public outreach goals. We are looking for people who love a challenge and are not afraid of tackling multiple projects for a variety of clients simultaneously. Experience working for an advocacy organization, public affairs agency, political consulting firm, or campaign is a major plus – but not a deal breaker.
The team here at Beekeeper includes digital and content strategists, professional writers, project managers, illustrators, animators, graphic designers, mobile app developers, web developers, and videographers. Our bees are detailed-oriented, self-starters with a passion for advocacy and digital communications. Candidates should be able to work well independently or as part of a team in our creative, yet casual, fast-paced environment. If you aren’t afraid of diving in and getting it done, we want to hear from you!
At a Glance
Life at the Hive
- light-filled open floor plan
- less corporate-style, more warm and inviting office environment, close to public transportation
- multiple work zones including individual desks, lounges, standing desks, kitchen area, and quiet rooms
- cocktail bar-styled kitchen with a fully-stocked fridge containing [too many] doughnuts, cookies, and various treats
- hive-shaped meeting rooms
- reclaimed local barn wood throughout the space
- fully-stocked gaming lounge with video games, puzzles, and board games
- fitness emphasis with a gym on our floor and private yoga instruction
- beautiful rooftop deck to work from
- regular staff activities including weekly wine-down Wednesdays (friends welcome!), monthly ‘fun-fund’ staffs’ choice outings, annual summer retreat/ training day, holiday parties
- in-house industry speakers and events
- paid volunteer days at DC Central Kitchen
All of this looks a bit different since our team went remote in March 2020. Take a peek at some key changes noted in this fun graphic designed by our fantastic creative team or download the PDF here.
Our Unique Benefits
- we pay (and give benefits to) our interns
- medical, dental, and vision coverage
- health, transportation, and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- life and disability insurance
- 24/7 hotline for employee assistance program and work/life balance services
- retirement plan and matching opportunity
- office closes early ahead of paid holidays
- on-call period between Christmas and the New Year
- paid vacation, sick, and personal time that accrues at greater levels each year
- flexible policy on parental leave
- flexible paid vaccine and voting leave
- potential for flexible working arrangements
- generous new business incentives and mentorship
- bring your own device smartphone reimbursement
- strong emphasis on work-life balance
- 24/7 anti-harassment hotline
- competitive salary and fast-track to promotion
- regular project reviews ensure constant feedback
- dedicated budget off-site training opportunities and memberships in additional to internal training opportunities